May 07, 2019
Keep Your Windows in Tip-Top Shape
At Renewal by Andersen, we custom design windows for homes and businesses with materials that are made to last for many years. While our windows are durable, it’s important to practice proper care and routine maintenance.
Here are just a few quick tips and tricks for extending the life of your windows:
- Clean frames, sash and grilles with a mild solution of soap and water using a soft, non-abrasive rag or brush.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away dust and grime on glass. After it’s wiped clean, use a mild cleaning solution, such as soapy water, and wipe in a circular motion.
- To keep windows opening and closing easily, vacuum or dust any debris that collects on sills and in tracks.
- Insect screens are best cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. Remember to always remove the screen before cleaning.
- For casement, double-hung, gliding and awning windows as well as patio doors, apply a dry lubricant to all locks, hinges, operators and rollers annually.
Get the most out of your new windows! Find more helpful tips in our maintenance guides and resources.