March 06, 2020
5 Advantages of Fibrex® Frames
Renewal by Andersen windows are engineered for superior performance and are built with long-lasting, durable Fibrex® composite material. Take a look at a few of the advantages of choosing Fibrex® over other materials such as fiberglass or vinyl.
- Durable. Our exclusive Fibrex® material finish is 12 times thicker than painted vinyl finish, making it twice as strong. The durability of Fibrex® frames means that the weathertight seals stay weathertight, ensuring your windows stand up to the most extreme temperature swings.
- Excellent insulation. In combination with our High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass, Fibrex® material helps keep your home properly insulated. This added performance will lower your energy bills and make your home feel more comfortable.
- Better views. Fibrex® frames are narrower than vinyl, allowing for larger glass area and giving you the best view possible. Our windows can also be crafted into any shape, such as curved specialty windows, whereas a material like fiberglass can only be used for straight, linear windows.
- Low-maintenance. Fibrex® material won’t ever need scraping or painting and is strong enough to withstand rot, decay and mold. Our windows stand the test of time and are covered by a comprehensive warranty.
- Environmentally-friendly. Forty percent of the material used to make our Fibrex® frames and sashes is reclaimed wood fiber. Our windows are also ENERGY STAR® qualified, meaning they meet the strict energy-efficiency criteria of the U.S. Department of Energy.