October 16, 2019
How to Care for Your Windows and Doors
Our windows and doors are engineered for minimal maintenance, however proper care will keep them clean and operating smoothly. Prolong the life of your windows and doors with these tips to prevent dust, dirt and staining:
- Clean Fibrex® frames, sashes and grilles with a mild solution of soap and water and a non-abrasive rag.
- Clean glass with a soft, dry cloth to wipe away the dust and grime. Once the glass is wiped clean, use a mild cleaning solution (such as soapy water) and a lint-free cloth and clean the glass using a circular motion.
- Vacuum away any dust or debris that collects on the sills or tracks to keep your windows or patio doors opening and closing easily.
- To clean insects from screens, remove the screen from the window first and then use a soft, damp cloth.
- Use lubricants with corrosion inhibitors on your hardware to protect them from harsh environments.
- DO NOT use newspaper or other ink-based papers to clean your windows or doors as they may discolor the Fibrex® material.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaning products; they could cause permanent damage to the glass coating.